It is ART that makes life, makes interest, makes importance,
and I know of no substitute for the FORCE and BEAUTY of its process.
~ Henry James
Wy’east & SAT Themed Art Shows
Contact: Marcia Morrow (email@example.com)
(Sandy Actors Theater Coordinator& Wy’east Artisans Guild Volunteer)
*If you wish to have your art considered for the PR material, this must be submitted to Becky Hawley (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND to the Guild e-mail address (email@example.com) by these dates.
**Submit Artwork Tag information to Marcia Morrow (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Guild E-mail address (email@example.com). Include Name, Title, Medium, Size including frame and price
Marcia will also be in charge of the tags.
- All hanging art to have wire on the back.
- Show at your own risk. Items are not insured. All participants will need to sign a waiver when submitting entries. Waiver Form attached.
- The Guild does not take a commission, we simply ask artists to show their appreciation for all the good work the Guild does by making a voluntary donation. 20% is a suggested donation, but it’s entirely up to the artist. Consider pricing your work accordingly.
- Work may not be removed from the exhibit by the artist. If an item is purchased by someone from out of town, then a piece must go up to replace it within a few hours.
- Exhibited work may ONLY be removed by the appointed Guild representative OR the venue representative. If an artist removes their own work before the appointed take-down time they will be barred from exhibiting in the future. This is very important!
- The Guild is not responsible for artwork at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to theft, damage or content.
- No inappropriate subject matter as children will be attending.
Themed Art Shows and
Artist’s Reception Dates at
SAT 2023 – 2024
Reception: Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 7:30 pm
Autumn in the garden conjures up fall leaves and flowers, a bountiful harvest and people enjoying a day in the garden.
Ho, Ho, Ho
Ho, Ho, Ho…A twinkle of humor, time with friends and family, treats and gifts of the holidays, a cozy fire and a hot cup of joy.
It’s A Mystery
Reception: Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 7:30 pm
What’s the mystery? The mystery is, what will the artist’s mind produce, to fill the gallery walls, during the cold winter.
Reception: Thursday, April 25,2024 at 7:30 pm
Spring is a time when plants, animals and people have the urge to reawaken and begin anew.The public is invited to view the Wy’east Artisan’s Guild art shows in the lobby of the Sandy Actors Theatre during play hours. Each show opens on a Thursday at 6:45pm with a reception. After opening, the theater is open on Fridays and Saturdays from 7:15pm and Sundays from 2:15pm, until closing. The theater is located in Sandy, Oregon behind the Ace Hardware.
Upcoming SAT Plays
2023 – 2024
A Bad Year For Tomatoes
09.15.2023 – 10.08.2023
Fed up with the pressures and demands of her acting career, the famous Myra Marlowe leases a house in the tiny New England hamlet of Beaver Haven and settles down to write her autobiography. Soon she discovers that dealing
with her nosy, omnipresent neighbors is a never-ending struggle. (Light farse)
A Nice Family Christmas
11.24.2023 – 12.17.2023
It’s Christmas Eve, and a young newspaper reporter on the brink of being fired has been assigned a last-chance story about a typical family Christmas – his family’s Christmas. He goes home to his recently widowed mother, his crazy uncle, his eccentric grandmother, and his battling siblings and their neurotic spouses, who provide no shortage of material. One by one, we learn each family member’s secrets, problems, and dysfunctions, and when they learn that he’s writing an article with some very personal family information, the fruitcake hits the fan. The question is, will the magic of Christmas bring this family back together? (Comedy)
The Alibis by Tyler Dwiggins
02.09.2024 – 03.03.2024
When eccentric billionaire J. Leslie Arlington is murdered, a clueless detective finds the suspects are all reluctant to admit their alibis…because they were all committing other ridiculous crimes at the time. (A comedic murder mystery)
04.26.2024 – 05.30.2024
The musical depicts the journey of a young woman just released from prison, who decides to start her life anew in a rural town in Wisconsin. She participates in a journey within the town toward its own tenuous reawakening. (A touching, folksy, small town, almost-musical)