It is ART that makes life, makes interest, makes importance,
and I know of no substitute for the FORCE and BEAUTY of its process.
~ Henry James
Wy’east & SAT Themed Art Shows
Contact: Marcia Morrow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Sandy Actors Theater Coordinator& Wy’east Artisans Guild Volunteer)
*If you wish to have your art considered for the PR material, this must be submitted to Becky Hawley (email@example.com) AND to the Guild e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) by these dates.
**Submit Artwork Tag information to Marcia Morrow (email@example.com) AND Guild E-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Include Name, Title, Medium, Size including frame and price
Marcia will also be in charge of the tags.
- All hanging art to have wire on the back.
- Show at your own risk. Items are not insured. All participants will need to sign a waiver when submitting entries. Waiver Form attached.
- The Guild does not take a commission, we simply ask artists to show their appreciation for all the good work the Guild does by making a voluntary donation. 20% is a suggested donation, but it’s entirely up to the artist. Consider pricing your work accordingly.
- Work may not be removed from the exhibit by the artist. If an item is purchased by someone from out of town, then a piece must go up to replace it within a few hours.
- Exhibited work may ONLY be removed by the appointed Guild representative OR the venue representative. If an artist removes their own work before the appointed take-down time they will be barred from exhibiting in the future. This is very important!
- The Guild is not responsible for artwork at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to theft, damage or content.
- No inappropriate subject matter as children will be attending.
Themed Art Shows and
Artist’s Reception Dates at
Shades of Green
Reception: Thursday, May 30, 2019 – 6:45 pm
Featured Artist: Earlean Marsh
The public is invited to view the Wy’east Artisan’s Guild art shows in the lobby of the Sandy Actors Theatre during play hours. Each show opens on a Thursday at 6:45pm with a reception. After opening, the theater is open on Fridays and Saturdays from 7:15pm and Sundays from 2:15pm, until closing. The theater is located in Sandy, Oregon behind the Ace Hardware.
Earlean Marsh –
May – June SAT Featured Artist
The Featured Artist for the SAT show is Earlean Marsh, who makes a splash with her floral paintings.
On May 30, Wy’east Artisans Guild invites the public to a free reception celebrating the opening of “Shades of Green” an art exhibit in the lobby of Sandy Actors Theatre. Doors open at 6:45pm, with artists talking about their work at 7PM.
Did you know, some scientists believe the human eye can detect more shades of green than any other color? Participating Guild artists use their chosen medium to bring a variety of artwork, in shades of green, to the lobby gallery.
After the reception, $10 tickets may be purchased for a full preview-performance of “Other People’s Money”. Play info at www.sandyactorstheatre.org
The exhibit hangs for the duration of the play, May 30 through June 23 and may be viewed during theater hours. The theater is located at 39181 Pioneer Blvd, in Sandy, behind the ACE Hardware.