It is ART that makes life, makes interest, makes importance,
and I know of no substitute for the FORCE and BEAUTY of its process.
~ Henry James
March 3-July 6, 2022 Library Spring Theme – ‘Building’
We’re all familiar with a constructed structure, known as a building. We live and work in them, we visit them and we marvel at them. Buildings can be as small as an outhouse, or as grand as a palace, but in all cases, someone built them.
Building; the verb is the process of erecting a building, or of building something like, a highway or a reputation. Building is a process and the term “building” has the connotation of creating something substantial.
How will each artist illustrate BUILDING…
We are planning to feature a discussion on this art show in our Monthly Meeting on February 15, 2022.
Deadline for Publicity Artwork: TBA
Send jpgs to Vern Groff at firstname.lastname@example.org
(If your art for this show is ready, please send an image!)
Deadline for Tag Information: Currently unconfirmed, but artists are advised to have it ready ASAP
Library Art Show: March 3-July 6, 2022
Artist’s will speak at 7:00PM
Light Refreshments and Music.
,Requirements for participating artists:
- Must attend 3 out of 6 member meetings before the show (the president can waive this requirement if there’s reasonable cause)
- Must perform service for the Guild. This includes:
- Serving on the board or in a committee
- Volunteering to help with set-up and/or take-down for the show
- Volunteering to bring refreshments to the regular meetings and/or the art show reception
Space is limited, so not all art may be accepted